Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Clock parts collage

As all of my friends know, I have a thing for clocks. I don't know what it is, but I like them. And not anything snazzy like grandfather clocks, just plain old clocks. I usually buy them at thrift stores.

The other day I came across this clock/collage at Goodwill.



There's a clock on it, but I was more taken with the clock/watch parts collage. However, I hesitated buying it because of the inscription at the bottom.



Who is Jaime Goldberg? And why did s/he give up this original watch picture made especially for them?

Something else I found intriguing was the document that the man on the right is holding.


Uh oh. Its a subpoena. The other dude doesn't look happy. I wonder what significance, if any, this has for J Goldberg.

In the end I bought it. After all, it does have a clock on it!



I just don't know what I'm going to do with it.

I wonder who this Girard is, and what else he has done. He has this snazzy label; obviously he has made more than one clock picture.



One of these days I'll research it. Maybe. In the meantime...would YOU have bought this?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Karen G @ It's Still Life said...

I don't think I would have bought it, but as you explained it, I started wondering. Maybe I should not have passed it up so quickly. You should research it and see if it is valuable.
Karen G