Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

So, I didn't post at all in June. I meant to; once in a while something would occur and I'd think, "ooh, I should blog about that." And then, I didn't. But you know what? This is my blog and I'll blog as often...or not...as I feel like it. Nobody reads it anyway, right?

As you guessed by the title, today is the 4th of July. We have no plans at all; so far the day has been very quiet. David is out golfing right now; he decided to go about an hour ago. Later he is going to bbq some ribs. Sammie is with a friend; she is going to spend the night with her and watch fireworks from there. We plan on watching the neighbors' displays from our backyard. I just finished a book, and now I'm checking out some websites.

We got a new puppy a couple of weeks ago. Lucy is a border collie/Belgian shepherd mix. She's all black, with a tiny spot of white on her chest, and she is completely adorable. She has made a huge difference in how Ryley behaves. He isn't nearly as growly about things as he was, but he does still have his moments. The puppy class instructor said its because he feels like he now has a job to do. Whatever it is, everyone was amazed at the change in his behavior at our last class. Right now Lucy is 9 weeks old. I can't wait till she gets a bit older so we can take her to the dog parks with us. We did sneak her to own of the parks today; the small dog section wasn't being used so we had that section to ourselves. There are people at the parks who feel like they are in charge of everything and question anyone they see with a young puppy (dogs are supposed to be 4 months old to go inside). She seemed to enjoy herself, but I could tell she was pretty wiped out by the time we left.

I have rented a space at a local flea market for later this month. My friend, Suzann, is coming down, and we are going to try and get a bunch of stuff sold. I hope I can unload some things I've been trying to get rid of. If not, I guess I'll just donate it. Its going to be a lot of work; I hope its worth it.

That's about it. I feel like taking a nap, but I won't.

Happy birthday, America.

No comments: