Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Placemat pillows

I read about making pillows out of placemats on some the home decor blogs that I read. At first I didn't get it and thought I needed two placemats. I wondered why it had to be a placemat and not just any fabric. I don't sew so I didn't think it was for me.

Then the light went on! Duh, all you need is one double thick placemat. Cut an opening in the seam, cram in some stuffing, and stitch it back up. I CAN do that.

And so I did. Twice. I like them.













The first placemat came from Target and is now a pillow on the family room sectional. The second one is from Kohls and resides in our bedroom.

PS...as soon as I figure out how to add a link I'll stick one up here. In the meantime, go to www.houseofhepworths.com and check out her stuff.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Beth @ Free Stylin' said...

Oh my gosh your pillows are so cute!! I especially love the floral one. You did a great job!! I'm not a great seamstress, so it took me awhile to make mine, too. Glue gun to the rescue!! ;) Thanks so much for checking out Free Stylin'!!